Goals, Values & Purpose Master Class
Critical DatesFall 2017: Sep. 11, 2017 to Oct. 22, 2017
Mid-Fall 2017: Nov. 6, 2017 to Dec. 17, 2017
Spring 2018: Jan 29, 2018 to Mar. 11, 2018
Mid-Spring 2018: Mar. 26, 2018 to May 6, 2018
Summer 2018: May 21, 2018 - July 1, 2018
Fall 2018: Sep. 10, 2018 - Oct. 21, 2018
Mid-Fall 2018: Nov. 5, 2018 to Dec. 16, 2018
We have limited scholarships available.
Establish an Inner Polestar for Life and Leadership
Purpose and values are the foundation for great leadership and for pursing a life well lived. They illuminate our life journey by giving us direction, clarity, and meaning. But rarely do we step back to explore the hard questions that are at the core of pursuing a purpose-driven life.
How do my personal values relate to my outer goals and aspirations – to succeed in life and leadership? How can I discover my life purpose? What, for me, is an ideal life? How do I integrate my personal values and purpose into my role as a leader? What if the goals of my organization, or the responsibilities of my role, are not aligned with my values and purpose? Are there gaps between what I value and what I am doing today – and if so, how can I close these?
In this class, Professor Wadhwa helps you tackle these pivotal questions, using IPL’s signature mix of rigorous scientific findings, inspiring studies of great leaders, personal reflections, and a set of principles and practical tools you can apply right away to infuse your life and leadership with greater purpose.
Goals, Values & Purpose Master Class
This IPL-Columbia Master Class offers you the opportunity to go on a focused 6-week learning journey to gain mastery over a particular personal leadership topic. Scientific insights and tools are supplemented with a strong dose of practice and personal integration.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Time Required: 2 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- IPL’s proprietary Virtual Mentor platform for practice and feedback
- Certificate of Completion from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Inspirational Leadership is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
What You Will Learn
- Powerful - and surprising - new findings from the science of happiness
- Everyday practices to boost happiness
- How to craft a vision for your ideal life
- How to define your values, identify gaps in your pursuit of these values, and develop a plan to close these gaps
- A breakthrough framework for integrating your values in your career and life
- The benefits – and costs – of pursuing Purpose – and how to eliminate the costs
- 6 Stages of Forging Purpose and 10 Principles for a Purpose-Driven Life
- How great leaders have discovered their Purpose
- Introspections to help you craft your own Purpose – and a checklist that will help you ensure it is the right path for you
Related Executive Programs
Developing Your Inner Core
We admire great leaders for their purposeful outer journey. But these leaders have engaged in an equally purposeful inner journey, where they have assiduously searched for answers to the following questions: What are my values, and what is my purpose? How can I align my life and leadership with my values and purpose? What is the right identity for me to embrace – who am I? How should I cultivate the confidence I need in the face of pressure, criticism, and failure? How can I be true to my self even when the world isn’t aligned with me?